covid-19 safety information
What matters most
is keeping our customers and staff safe
We have introduced a range of new health and safety measures to ensure we are opening responsibly. We have followed the available goverment advice, and the requirements of local health authorities in order to reduce risk.
Some of the measures we have taken will be clearly visible when you visit. Some require your cooperation. Please read the points on this page and make sure you know what is expected of you when you visit, to ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable escape room experience.
We have enhanced our cleaning measures to include regular applications of sanitation spray on all high-frequency touch points and puzzles inside the escape rooms and briefing areas.
We provide hand sanitiser stations in briefing areas and in the escape rooms, and all visitors must use them.
Your host will wear a complete face covering and adhere to government guidelines for social distancing.
Toilet facilities are managed by the pubs in which we are located. If needed, please use them before your game.
Rooms are ventilated between games.
Before you visit
- Please book online before attending our escape rooms. We do not accept walk-ins or on-site payments.
- Please make sure you have read the confirmation email carefully before your visit.
- Please arrive on time for your booking. Allow extra time for travel if necessary. Games must begin at the scheduled time.
- Face coverings and masks are now optional at both Bewilder Box escape rooms. However, if you have a mask and are able to wear it, doing this whilst you share a space with your games host (before and after the game) is appreciated, but not imposed by our staff.
- If you’d like to contact us before your game to request that your host wears a mask, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s important to us that our customers and hosts feel safe. Please help us to continue to keep Bewilder Box a safe space.
- Please do not visit the escape room if you have any Covid symptoms, or if you have come into contact with someone who has symptoms. You can contact us to postpone your booking by calling 01273 025525 or by emailing email@example.com