Join our team
Could you be our new Bewilder Box Games Host?
We’re looking for a confident and charismatic individual for the role of Games Host at our Brighton-based escape room sites.
As a Games Host, you’ll be responsible for running hour-long escape room games, with a brief and debrief on either side, as well as resetting games. Bewilder Box games are an immersive experience where hosts perform in character throughout. Once trained, you’ll operate the game alone, using your initiative to fix problems, troubleshoot and show confidence in dealing with a range of different teams and customers. Oh, and to create lasting memories for all that play them!
Hourly Rate: £12 per hour (£10 per hour during training in 3-Month probation period)
Working hours and holiday
Holiday: 28 days per year pro-rata. Accrued at a rate of 12.07% time worked (for PAYE staff).
Working Hours: We run games seven days a week between 10:30 am and 9:00 pm over two sites (The Hobgoblin and The Brunswick). You’ll be required to work Saturdays and/or Sundays, as well as some ad-hoc weekday cover. Schedules are created two weeks in advance with regular shifts scheduled. Shift lengths are dependent on bookings. Additional shifts and overtime are available to cover holidays and during busy periods.
Pension scheme: Available (for PAYE staff)
- Greeting teams and delivering initial briefings and de-briefings in character
- Monitoring teams via CCTV system
- Operating games –launching content and/or effects on cue
- Assisting teams –sending hints and encouragement via voice command in character
- Resetting the games – props and scenery elements
- Notifying teams and reacting in case of an emergency
- Carry out general maintenance and cleaning tasks
- Delivering post-game cards to participants –asking for reviews
- Taking photos of teams and uploading images to Facebook
- Opening and closing the site
Prior experience and skillset would ideally include some of the following:
- Public-facing customer service experience
- Excellent English language skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Experience working in game-based entertainment or escape room games
- Performance or acting based experience
- A basic understanding of audio equipment
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Bewilder Box Games Host? We’d love to hear from you!
Please send a C.V and covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing date: 30th May 2o22